Running out of ideas on what to do with your mountain of chard? Here’s a quick and easy but unusual recipe.
- Plenty of chard (up to 500g ish). You may also use spinach.
- 2 eggs
- 250g pack of cream cheese
- Salt and pepper
Add garlic and different herbs to the mix for more distinctive flavours. Thyme, Oregano, Nutmeg and Cloves are all good options. Or add chives to the cream cheese.
- Chop or tear your chard (or spinach) and steam or boil it till just soft.
- Squeeze out excess water and work it a bit to make a sort of chard mush.
- Leave to cool down, then add salt and pepper and 2 beaten eggs.
- Spread the mixture on to a GREASED rectangular baking tray
- Bake at 180′ until it JUST starts to brown on top.
- Leave to cool a bit and remove from the tray onto a flat surface
- Spread on the cream cheese and roll up like a Swiss roll
- Serve sliced