This recipe was kindly provided by Ruth. Thank You!
“This is a very simple recipe: chop, mix, roast, and blend! And the result is yummy. I love the cumin seeds added at the end. Ooops, I just realised I needed to add lemon juice. Well, I will have to try it again then :-). It will definitely become a favourite here.” Nadia
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seed, plus extra to garnish
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 chunks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 675g parsnips, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1.2l vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil and spices. Add the vegetables and mix well.
- Spread over a heavy baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Spoon into a food processor or liquidiser with half the stock and process until smooth.
- Pour into a pan with the remaining stock, season, then heat until barely simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds.