“I was wondering what to do with the fennel leaves as I did not want them to end in our compost! I have come across this simple recipe. Very nice soup indeed and I made load to freeze in small batches! I have used all the stalks and fronds”, Nadia
- Fennel leaves (Stalk and fronds), washed and roughly cut
- One large carrot, washed and roughly chopped
- One large potato, washed and roughly chopped
- One lignin, roughly chopped
- Two garlic cloves, chopped
- Oil, salt, pepper
- Put the following vegetables in a pan: fennel leaves, carrot, potato. Cover with water, add salt and pepper to taste. Start cooking.
- Sautee the onions and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add the onions and garlic to the rest of vegetables and boil for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend it all
The soup is ready, you may enjoy it as is or with a splash of cream.