This delicious recipe is from Delicious Magazine website.
“This recipe is for the slow cooker but the pork belly I had from the farm did not fit in the slow cooker! I have therefore adapted the recipe for the oven, and it worked very well. This dish was loved by all.” Nadia
- 1-1.5kg ribless pork belly, skin scored
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves
- 200g Puy lentils
- 200ml white wine (I replaced this with more chicken stock and two spoons of Apple cider vinegar).
- 200ml chicken stock
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche (Optional – I did not use).
- Preheat the oven 180C.
- Unroll the pork belly, if necessary, then pat dry with kitchen paper and rub all over with the sea salt and fennel seeds.
- Place the lentils, garlic, onion in oven-proof dish. Add the liquid (stock and wine or alternative). Mix well.
- Place the pork belly on top of the lentils, skin-side up. Cover the dish with foil and cook for 2 hours or until tender.
- When the meat is tender, remove the foil and grill for 10min at 230C until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Stir the chopped parsley and crème fraîche (optional) through the lentils and serve them with the pork.