“I think that we will be getting these ingredients soon in our boxes so here is a recipe for a Beetroot and Broad Bean Salad”, Dave.
This is taken from this website.
Ingredients (Serves 8):
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- A pinch Sugar, to taste
For the salad:
- 500g Beetroot, trimmed and scrubbed, skin on
- 300g Podded broad beans
- 2 Salad onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 15g Tarragon, chopped
- Boil the beetroot in a pan of salted water for 20–30 minutes until tender. While still warm, drain and peel them under running water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the broad beans for 3–4 minutes in unsalted water until tender; drain and refresh them under cold water, then drain once more.
- Peel at least half the broad beans – particularly any that are larger than your thumbnail
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing; taste and season.
- Slice the beetroot in half, then cut each half into thin wedges about ½cm thick; place the wedges in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the beetroot, season and toss.
- Add the broad beans, salad onions and half the tarragon and toss again.
- Transfer to a serving dish and scatter with the remaining tarragon.