“I wanted to a recipe that made use of both beetroot and winter radish, so found this one, which inspired me. You will see that this recipe below is very different from the original though! It is really tasty. Even my son, who is not a bif soup lover, asked for seconds…
It is a “one pot” dish. I have used a pressure cooker so it only took 20 minutes to cook. It would take longer if using a regular pot.” – Nadia
- Potatoes (roughly 300 grams)
- One large winter radish (roughly 200 grams, can be adjusted to taste)
- Beetroot (roughly 300 grams)
- Three onions
- Coconut oil (or butter/oil)
- 1 L of water (can add vegetable stock, but I prefer without to taste the vegetables properly)
- Two spoons of coconut cream (optional – can also use a dash of cream when serving).
- Various herbs (whatever I had, all dry herbs: dill, oregano, thyme, etc.)
- Salt, pepper
- Peel all vegetables. Cut the onions very finely. Cut the potatoes and winter radish in small chunks. Cut the beetroot very finely to enable it to cook faster.
- Heat the coconut oil (or other oil) and fry the onions.
- Add all vegetables, and fry for 2 minutes.
- Cover with water; add salt, pepper and herbs. If using coconut cream/butter then add at this stage.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook on high heat. When it whistles, reduce the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Wait for it to be cooled down and mix in a blender.
- Serve with a spoon of crème fraiche or as is!