This recipe is from Tesco Real Food website which has been adapted by Rebecca to be gluten free and FODMAP friendly (FODMAP is a dietary therapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), check it out here).
“They are really delicious so thought maybe a good one for the Oak Tree recipes”, said Rebecca.
- 50g each buckwheat, rice and tapioca flours
- 75g oats
- 1½tsp mustard powder
- 3tsp baking powder
- ½tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp xanthum gum
- 200g courgette, grated
- 150g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 75ml oat milk
- 1 egg
- 5tbsp olive oil
- Little black pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4, 180°C, 350°F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, add the grated courgette and cheese – reserve a little of these two for the topping.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vegetable oil, add to the bowl and mix all together.
- Spoon into 6 large silicone or paper muffin cases, top with an olive, a strip of red pepper plus some grated courgette and cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Serve.
Enjoy your muffins!