How do you serve your Brussels? We like ours in plenty of butter, sweet roasted onion and peas for added vibrancy
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Easily serves 8
- 85g butter
- 3 onions, cut into thickish slices
- 8 sageleaves, chopped
- 350g Brussels sprout
- 200g frozen peas
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan and soften the onions over a low heat for about 15 mins until really soft – but don’t let it brown.
- Add most of the sage.
- Meanwhile, cook the sprouts in a pan of boiling water for about 4 mins, add the peas and cook for 1 min more until just tender.
- Drain, reserving a splash of the water, then add the sprouts and peas to the onions, along with the rest of the butter, stirring well so that all the veg gets coated in the butter.
- Add the reserved cooking water if it looks a bit dry.
- Season with lots of black pepper and some salt.
- Serve with the reserved sage on top.