Prep time: 35 mins
Serves: 2 people
- 1 kohlrabi or 300g broccoli stalks, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- A nugget of butter or splash of olive oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 500ml veg or (chicken stock)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A handful of fresh parsley, plus more to serve
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- A grating of fresh nutmeg (optional)
- A dollop of crème fraîche (optional)
- Gently fry the kohlrabi, onion and garlic in butter or oil over a medium-low heat for a few mins.
- Add the spuds and stock and simmer till the veg are soft enough to whizz up.
- Pop the veg and parsley in the blender. Let the veg cool a bit first as the pressure from the steam can make the lid blow off
- Purée till smooth.
- Transfer it back to the pan to heat up.
- Season with salt, pepper and a touch of lemon juice and zest, and perhaps some nutmeg.
- Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche, a bit more fresh parsley and even some crispy pancetta or little bits of bacon, if you fancy.