This filled omelette, with red onions, curly kale and goat’s cheese, is vegetarian, gluten-free and quick enough to make midweek
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Easily serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 200g chopped curly kale
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten with a little seasoning
- 100g firm goat’s cheese, broken into chunks
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Heat the oil in a 25cm ovenproof frying pan. Add the onions and cook for 10-15 mins until soft and caramelised.
- Add the kale and 1 tbsp water, and cook for 5 mins until the kale has wilted.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and bubble for 1 min, then add the eggs.
- Give everything a quick stir, then leave undisturbed to cook over a low-medium heat for 5 mins until the egg is nearly set and the frittata is turning golden brown on the bottom.
- Scatter the goat’s cheese over the top of the frittata.
- Cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until the cheese is bubbling and the frittata is set in the centre.