Kohlrabi is a bit like a potato crossed with an artichoke heart. This recipe roasts it with garlic and Parmesan cheese.
Prep 10 minutes
Cook 20 minutes
- 4 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cut the kohlrabi into 1/4 inch thick slices then cut each of the slices in half.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss kohlrabi slices in the olive oil mixture to coat. Spread kohlrabi in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally in order to brown evenly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven to allow the Parmesan cheese to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.