We are looking for new members at the moment!
Why not tell your friends, family and neighbours about us? We have posters and flyers for your work-place, library, community centre, local shop here etc: Oak Tree A4 Poster 1 Oak Tree A4 Poster 2 Oak Tree A5 flyers 1 Oak Tree Flyers 2, Thank you! We also offer talks to local groups.
We are looking to welcome a broader community of people to the farm
As part of our Big Lottery Funded project we are pleased to welcome workshare volunteers and to the farm. More details here
We’re also looking to welcome individuals and groups to the farm who have additional or special needs. More details here.
Re-Use and Recycling
Our low carbon philosophy means that seek to repair, re-use and recycle wherever possible. Over the years we have been fortunate to receive donations of unwanted items from people and these items have found a very good home at the Oak Tree. Our members have been amazingly creative with bits of old wood and industrial bulk containers. And their creations have stood the test of time and we love them!
We are currently looking for the following – so if you are having a clear out – do let us know Thank you 🙂
- Metal cupboard with shelves in for storage
- Heras fencing – even broken panels would be useful to us!
- Strong wire mesh or chicken wire
- Wheel-barrows and trolleys suitable for use on rough ground
- Industrial bulk containers (for storing water)
- Water butts
- Water butt stands
- Timber posts or lengths of timber
- Plastic crates for storing our veg and for use as our veg boxes
- Plastic guttering, downpipe, connectors etc
- Wooden pallets