“I try to make a day ahead to infuse the flavour but it is delicious either way.”
- One squash
- One fennel
- Olive Oil
- One onion
- One Garlic (around 8 cloves, adjust according to your taste)
- Vegetable stock or bullion
- Take your farm squash and fennel, peel the squash and cut both into 2″ chunks.
- Place on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, roast until just tender 20mins @200c.
- Meanwhile sauté an onion and garlic ( I use around 8 cloves!) but depending on taste adjust accordingly, add the roasted squash and fennel to the pan and add water until just covered, pop in a couple of vegetable stock pots or bullion (usually 6-8 tsps for a litre) 2tsp thyme and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend and serve