We will be offering Oak Tree beef shares early in 2018. Our delicious grass fed Red Poll beef is expected to be ready for collection in early 2018. Please contact us for details [email protected] or join our occasional email list for updates on meat shares, and other news from the farm!
Our beef shares are available to anyone willing to make the trip to beautiful Suffolk to collect them – you don’t need to be a member of our Community Supported Agriculture Scheme!
The shares, each of which is “one eighth of a cow”, will be available to collect from The Rose House Butcher (click for directions and opening hours) in the centre of Ipswich. Dates and costs to be confirmed.
Each one eighth cow share will contain approx. 20kg in total (all weights are approximate and will vary depending on the animal!) comprising:
- 6kg Mince Beef
- Chuck steak diced or sliced
- 4 x Sirloin steak
- 2 x Rib eye steaks or 1 x 1 bone rib of beef
- Best braising steak sliced or diced
- Rump steak approx. 700g
- Two Topside or Silver side roasting joints
- 2 x Fillet steaks
- Stewing beef packed in 500g packs
Our cows do an excellent job of improving the pasture and soil around our fruits trees at the top of the farm: the soil is visibly improved after only three years of keeping cows!
If you can’t wait for the next round of Oak Tree Beef, do visit to our lovely butcher Jamie at The Rose House Butcher in the centre of Ipswich (off St Nicholas Street, near to the Waterfront). Jamie and his team sell excellent quality meat from properly cared for animals and they are a friendly helpful bunch!
Reasons for choosing Oak Tree Beef
- Happy cows with exceptional welfare standards!
- Grass fed on The Oak Tree pasture with supplements of nature seaweed and hay.
- The cows are traditional breed Red Polls with a wonderful favour!
- The cows are a key part of the The Oak Tree Low Carbon Farm’s integrated agriculture approach, helping to improve the soil in which our fruit trees grow.