This is a brand new membership option! We’ve found that some people want to join the Oak Tree scheme but are unable to commit to the full work hours work involved, so we’ve called this new option “Reduced Hours Membership”!
Reduced Hours Members pay a little more money each month compared to Full Members but only have to do half the work hours! We think this is a good option for many people 🙂
Reduced Hours membership costs £13 per week from June 2018 for one year, with the option renewal of membership for further full year after that.
- Half the work hours compared to current membership work hours
- Cost is approx. half way between Regular and Armchair membership cost
- Aimed at those with full-time jobs / busy lives who would like to spend time at the farm but can’t commit to being a full farm member with the full work commitment.
Reduced Hours Members commit to work a minimum number of hours on the farm:
- at least 1 hour per week on average during the busy season (1st March 2018 – 31st August 2018)
- at least half an hour per week on average during the rest of the year (1st September 2018 – end February 2019).
This work commitment is per share, i.e. may be shared between members of your household. For example:
- a couple with a single share might choose to work 4 hours together once every eight weeks during the busy season
- a single shareholder might choose to work a one-hour evening session each week during the busy season
All farm members receive an equal share of the harvest each week in a veg box and have the opportunity of joining in our social events at the farm.
How do I join?
To sign up as a Member of The Oak Tree Low Carbon Farm Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) scheme please:
- Carefully read, complete and sign our Reduced Hours Membership form 2018 – 2019
- The form can be saved and emailed to us at: [email protected]
- Or, you can print off a copy and post it to us at: The Oak Tree Low Carbon Farm, Playford Lane, Rushmere St. Andrew, IPSWICH, IP5 1DW
- We will reply with the farm bank account details so you can confirm your membership by transferring the deposit of £25 to secure your place.
- We will then email you to confirm your place and welcome you a Member of The Oak Tree Low Carbon Farm!
- Whilst your veg box won’t begin until the first week of June 2018, as a new member we ask you to start work at the farm from 1st March and you are more than welcome at social events.
Membership payment and veg boxes start during the first week of June and continue for 12 months. (1st June 2018 – 31st May 2019)
Work hours start during the first week of March to allow time for crops to be grown for first veg box in June. The work commitment continues for 12 months. (1st March 2018 – end Feb 2019).
All members commit to being members of the farm for a minimum of 1 year. This is vital for the financial viability of the Oak Tree Low Carbon Farm.
All members commit to working the minimum number of work hours associated with their category of membership for the year. This is vital to enable the farm to grow enough food for its members.
Thank you 🙂