There are many jobs to do around the farm including:
- Working in the veg beds
- Working in the polytunnels
- Working in the flower garden
- Planting seeds,
- Transplanting seedlings
- Harvesting the veg and flowers
- Helping with the veg boxes
- Topping up the bark paths
- Woodwork / making or fixing things
- Moving the chickens
- Feeding the chickens
- Collecting eggs
There is a choice of jobs to do each week and members choose which jobs suit them the best. And you can do one job for an hour or so and then swap and do something different.
Some jobs involve sitting down – e.g. planting seeds. Others can be more strenuous and these are often very popular with those who use their farm membership as an alternative to joining a gym! The photos below give an idea of some of the many jobs available 🙂
The relevant tools and training are provided.