The Oak Tree Low Carbon Farm is only open to the public by arrangement as day to day we are very busy producing food for our members!
If you would like to find out more about the farm:
- Join us for a Farm Tour Sat Sept 30th 2017 between 10am – 12 noon. The tour is open to all and a donation of £5 per adult is suggested. Accompanied children can visit free of charge. Tea, coffee and biscuits included. Car parking space is very limited, please walk and cycle where possible! Thanks.
- Take the virtual farm tour right here and now!
- If you live locally and are interested in joining our Community Supported Agriculture Scheme then there are details of how to find out more, including how to to arrange to take a look before you join here.
- If you run a CSA yourself, or are interested in setting up a CSA then please fill in this form on the website of the CSA Network UK. They have funds available for visits to support improving or setting up a CSA, including travel expenses!
- We are happy to host visits to the farm for groups by arrangement. We charge £100 + 20% VAT for a half day visit, payable in advance. We are happy to tailor any visit to explore topics that particularly interest your group. We have welcomed a number of groups to the farm including gardening associations and environmental groups, who have found their visits to The Oak Tree to be both informative and inspiring. Please contact us if you would like to arrange a visit.“We had an inspirational visit to Oak Tree farm the other day. Taking farming back to its roots instead of how modern day farming operates is essential if we want to build a healthier society. She gave us plenty of tips on how to farm organically as well as creating a sense of community in a special place.
Her knowledge on soil and the years it has taken her to undo the damage roundup has caused surpassed all our expectations. A remarkable woman and I truly wonderful place to visit. We came away having learnt so much and incredibly eager to get planting our own chemical free crops. A big thank you from the home educating group!” Tina P, Suffolk
- If you can’t join us on our farm tour in Sept 2017 please sign up to our occasional email newsletter for news of future tours and more.
- We are no longer able to welcome volunteers who are not members of our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Scheme as we are already very busy coordinating the work of our members. Friends and family of CSA members are welcome to accompany members on the farm (though please keep car journeys to the farm to an absolute minimum – thanks).
- We offers consultancy advice service either at The Oak Tree or on your site, subject to our availability.
- If you would like to find out about more widely Community Supported Agriculture across the UK then please visit the CSA Network UK website.