- 1 onion
- 500g Rhubarb
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful of raisins
- Splash of white wine/apple juice
- (Optional extra seasoning: cinnamon, cayenne pepper, honey, soy)
- 500g cooked rice (cook 250g raw rice)
- Handful of toasted almonds
- Chop the onion, garlic and rhubarb. (Aim for approx 1cm chunks of rhubarb).
- Fry the onion in a large frying pan until nearly translucent, add garlic, then rhubarb. Cook for a further 2 mins until the rhubarb is just beginning to soften.
- Stir in all the other ingredients apart from the rice and almonds.
- Simmer for 5-10 mins until rhubarb is tender.
- Stir in the rice and top with toasted almonds.
Yum yum! 🙂