Even the staunchest Brussels Sprouts critics have been swayed by these mouth watering sprouts, mellowed by the sweet citrus butter which can be made days ahead
Prep: 20 mins – 30 mins
Easily serves 10
- 85g butter, softened
- finely grated zest of 1 small orange
- 50g chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1¼kg Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 340g packet frozen petits pois
- Mix the butter, orange zest and hazelnuts in a small bowl with some freshly ground black pepper. (This can be done 2-3 days ahead and kept covered in the fridge.)
- Put the sprouts into a pan of boiling salted water, bring back to the boil, cover & cook for 4-5 mins.
- Pour in the peas & cook for a further 2 minutes.
- The sprouts should be only just cooked. Drain.
- Put the sprouts and peas back into the pan and toss with the flavoured butter so it melts in.
- Season with salt and pepper and tip into a warmed serving dish.