This leafy green cabbage-like vegetable is a genuine superfood – it’s great whizzed up in place of basil in an Italian sauce
Prep: 10 mins no cook
Easily makes enough for 10-12 servings
- 85g pine nut, toasted
- 85g parmesan(or vegetarian alternative), coarsely grated, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 75ml olive oil
- 85g kale
- juice 1 lemon
- spaghetti or linguine, to serve
- Put the pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, oils, kale and lemon juice in a food processor and whizz to a paste. Season to taste. Stir through hot pasta to serve, topping with extra Parmesan and olive oil, if you like.
- To store, put in a container or jar, cover the surface with a little more olive oil and keep in the fridge for a week, or freeze for up to a month.