Back to news
We can host educational visits for groups of young people to come and learn about growing food or explore our wildlife space.
- Learn how to grow food: The life cycle of plants, mini growing workshops.
- Take a tour of the farm: Learn about farming vegetables and fruit, keeping chickens and growing flowers, all using natural low impact systems.
- Bug hunting in our wildflower meadow
- Visit our beehives and learn about keeping bees
- Pond dipping in our wildlife pond
For older students or adults we can also offer the following workshops:
- The ecosystem of a low impact farm: low carbon agriculture; principles of permaculture; the importance of a balanced ecosystem and biodiversity; resources availability and strategies for re-use; the importance of compost; no-dig approach.
- Field to fork: growing veg and healthy eating the importance of growing veg/buying local and seasonal food; simple, fresh and genuine vs processed and packaged food; nutrition and healthy lifestyle. Sample some Oak Tree Farm produce picked and prepared on the farm!