Acorn Squash Soup with Turmeric
Acorn Squash Soup with Turmeric will warm your bones this winter. It’s so creamy and delicious that you won’t realize how healthy it is. Full of veggies and made dairy free with coconut milk.
Total Prep and Cooking Time: 1 hour 4 minutes
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded or diced carrot
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 apple diced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Roast in a baking pan for about 30-40 minutes at 400ºF until flesh is soft.
- In a heavy pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and onions and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add squash flesh, apple, ginger, turmeric, coconut milk, water and salt, and pepper.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 10 minutes.
- Blend to make soup
- Serve with pumpkin seeds, spring onions, and parsley.