Butternut squash & Spinach Filo Pie
This crispy pastry-topped pie is crammed full of vegetables
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 45 mins
Easy serves 4
- 1 butternut squash (about 1kg), peeled, deseeded and cut into 2cm dice
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 400g bag spinach
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Put the squash, onions and chilli flakes in an ovenproof pie dish (or 4 individual dishes). Season and cook for 20 mins until the squash is tender and the onions are starting to char at the edges.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach in a colander and pour over a kettleful of boiling water. Squeeze out any excess liquid and stir into the squash mix.
- Dot over the feta
- Crumple up the pastry and place on top, then brush with the oil.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 mins until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- Serve with a green salad, if you like.