Charred Brussels Sprouts with Marmite Butter
Marmite and sprouts may sound like a nightmare combination, but it works!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Easily serves 8
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tsp Marmite
- 500g sprouts, halved
- Beat the butter and Marmite together until smooth, then form it into a log on a piece of baking parchment, roll up and twist the ends like a Christmas cracker. Chill in the fridge until you need it. Will keep for up to a week in the fridge or two months in the freezer.
- Boil the sprouts for 3-4 mins, then drain and leave to steam-dry.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, then add the sprouts and dry-fry them for 4-5 mins or until they start to blacken on the cut sides and at the edges.
- Take the pan off the heat, then add a chunk of the Marmite butter (keep the rest for another day). Sizzle until the butter has melted and shake the pan gently to coat the sprouts.
- Season with pepper, but taste before adding salt.