Green Bean Salad
40g sliced almonds
450g green beans
60g feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 small to medium clove garlic
3 to 4 basil leaves
lemon juice and zest
black pepper to taste
1. Warm a pan over a medium heat. Add the almonds to the dry pan and cook, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat after 3 minutes and continue stirring for another couple of minutes until they are fragrant and turning golden on the edges. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
2. Put the pan back on a medium to low heat. Add the green beans, water and 1/4 tsp salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are nearly tender (about 7 to 10 minutes). Remove the lid, raise the heat to medium-high and cook until the liquid evaporates (around 2 to 5 minutes). Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
4. When the beans have finished cooking, add the olive oil mixture to them, with the almonds and half the feta cheese. Toss to combine and add more lemon juice and black pepper to taste.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining feta on top. Garnish with the basil leaves and lemon zest. Serve promptly.
Green Bean Salad from cookieandkate.com