Honey Roast Beetroot with Feta Cheese
250g cooked beetroot with some of the cooking juices
150g baby leaf spinach, coarsely chopped
100g Feta cheese
130g bulgur wheat
10g thyme, chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
(Serves two people.)
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / fan 200°C / gas mark 7.
2. Cook the bulgur wheat until it has a slight bite. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Peel and quarter the shallots. Put the shallots on a lined baking tray, season and drizzle with olive oil. Bake them in the oven for around 10 minutes.
4. Quarter the cooked beetroot and reserve the juice. Mix the beetroot, beetroot juice and thyme with the softened shallots on the tray. Drizzle over the honey and a little olive oil and season generously. Return the tray to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
5. Add the walnuts and cook for a few more minutes.
6. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and a knob of butter in a pan. Once hot, add the garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook for 1 minute, then add the drained bulgur wheat.
7. Add the chopped spinach and stir for a few minutes until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and crumble in the feta.
8. Serve the roasted beetroot, walnuts and shallots over the spinach and feta bulgur wheat.