Kohlrabi Slaw with Coriander, Jalapeño and Lime
- 6 cups kohlrabi -cut into matchsticks or grated in a food processor-about three x 4 inch bulbs (or you could substitute sliced fennel, apple, jicama, cucumber, or cabbage for part of the kohlrabi for more diversity)
- ½ cup chopped coriander (one small bunch)
- half of a jalapeno -minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- orange zest from one orange, and juice
- lime zest from one lime, and juice
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- ¼ Cup fresh orange juice (juice form one orange)
- 1/8 Cup lime juice plus 1 T (juice from one large lime), more to taste
- 1/4 Cup honey(or agave syrup)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Trim and peel kohlrabi. (I normally have to peel twice to get thru the thick skin). Cut off two ends. Cut in half from top to bottom. Thinly slice, rotate and slice again, making 1/4 inch matchsticks.
Place in large bowl with chopped coriander, scallions, finely chopped jalapeño (1/2), lime zest and orange zest.
Whisk dressing together in a small bowl. Toss with salad. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with zest and coriander. This tastes good the next day too