Lithuanian Cold Beetroot Soup
“Comes out a lovely pink colour – ideal lunch for hot summer days.“, Tom.
- Half a cucumber (grated),
- Three good sized cooked (or raw for a crunchier texture) beetroot (grated),
- 1 litre of kefir (if you can get hold of it) or thinned yoghurt (half and halfish with water),
- Good handful of chopped herbs, ideally: dill and chives,
- Pinch of salt,
- Optional accompaniments: chopped boiled egg (very nice :)), Potatoes – wedges or roasties.
Method: Simply mix together all ingredients.