Pak Choi noodle soup
This recipe can be vegan with tofu, or you can use prawns for a fish dish. You can even add a dash of fish sauce if you like that kind of thing.
4 cloves garlic
2-3 cm of fresh ginger
1 litre stock
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine
2 tsp sugar
150g prawns or tofu
up to 500g Pak Choi
Handful of coriander leaves and small red chilli (to taste)
1 lime cut into wedges
1. Blitz the garlic and ginger in a food processor or simply chop up very small
2. Fry gently for a minute or so with the prawns or tofu. (Depending on the tofu you use you could pre-fry to give it a better texture and prevent it falling apart)
3. Add the stock, soy sauce, rice wine and sugar and bring back to the boil. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the pack instructions
4. Add the Pak Choi stems to the broth and poach for around 2 minutes. Try not to boil.
5. Add the Pak Choi leaves and remove from the heat. Taste and season.
6. Divide the noodles between bowls and ladle the broth on top. Serve with chilli, lime wedges and coriander leaves.