Peppery Kohlrabi Slaw
With crunchy kohlrabi, horseradish and spring greens, this coleslaw is quick enough for everyday, yet unusual enough to impress guests
Prep: 25 mins plus standing, no cook
- 2 whole kohlrabi, peeled
- head of spring greens, finely shredded
- 2 bunches spring onions, very finely shredded
- small bunch French breakfast radishes, quartered, leaves attached
- juice ½ lemon
For the dressing
- 175g mayonnaise
- 50g grated horseradish, fresh or from a jar
- 2 heaped tsp cracked black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, or preferably a mandolin, very thinly slice the kohlrabi, then cut into strips. Tip into a bowl and toss through the spring greens, spring onions and 1-2 tsp sea salt. Set aside for 30 mins and let the salt draw out any excess liquid from the vegetables.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayonnaise, horseradish and black pepper.
- Give the vegetables a little rinse and squeeze out any excess water with a clean cloth, then tip into a bowl.
- Add the radishes, dressing and lemon juice, and toss everything together.