Purple Sprouting Broccoli with Chorizo and Eggs
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 200 g cooking chorizo
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 500g purple sprouting brocoli
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Skin the chorizo and cut into chunks.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chorizo over a medium heat. Turn regularly until stating to crips up (approx 10min).
- Put the eggs in a pan of hand-hot water cover and bring quickly to the boil. Boil for 4 minutes (or 5 min for extra large eggs). When cooked, run them under cool tap water and peel them straight away.
- Cook the brocoli in a large saucepan or boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender. Drain well.
- Add the warm brocoli to the chorizo pan and toss it in the host, spicy fat until well coated.
- Divide the brocoli and chorizo between 4 plates and add a boiled egg, cut in half, to each.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve straight way with some bread.