Roasted Apple & Acorn Squash Soup
Easy to make, comforting and a tasty sweet-savory combination.
Total Per and Cook Time 40 mins
Servings: 3 -4
- 20 oz acorn squash 565g, peeled and deseeded weight, 1 medium squash
- 1 apple
- 1 onion small
- 1 clove garlic large
- 2 cups light stock 480ml, eg vegetable, chicken, as suits
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Peel both the squash and apple and remove seeds/core.
- Dice both into medium-sized chunks.
- Peel the onion and cut into large chunks.
- Place the squash, apple and onion chunks in a roasting dish or on a baking sheet along with the garlic, unpeeled, and drizzle over a little olive oil. Toss so everything is lightly covered.
- Roast for approx 30-40mins until the squash is tender and the apple and onion are just starting to brown.
- Remove the garlic from the skin and place everything in a blender along with the stock.
- Blend until smooth and either serve or freeze until needed.