Roasted Squash With Crushed Pistachios
For a delicious side dish, roast butternut squash until caramelised and scatter with pistachios and thyme to serve
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Easily serves 4
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g pistachios, toasted
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- juice 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Toss the butternut squash with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and season. Roast in the oven for 40 mins until tender and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, roughly crush the pistachios with the thyme and a pinch of salt using a pestle and mortar, or with the end of a rolling pin.
- Stir in the lemon juice and remaining oil, and check the seasoning.
- Spoon the pistachios over the squash to serve.