Smashed Sprouts Mash With Chestnuts
This is perfect for those who love the taste of Brussels sprouts but don’t like the texture
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 12 mins
Easily serves 8
- 600g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 50g butter
- 100ml double cream
- half nutmeg, grated
- 200g pack vacuum-packed chestnuts, roughly chopped
- Put the sprouts in a large pan, cover with boiling water and cook for 8-10 mins or until very tender. Drain, and leave to steam-dry for a few mins.
- Tip back into a saucepan and mash to a chunky texture with a potato masher.
- Add the butter, cream and nutmeg, and season well. Cook for a further 2 mins.
- Mix in half the chestnuts, then sprinkle over the remaining chestnuts to serve.