Stuffed tomatoes – Smoked bacon and cheese
“I used this recipe to make stuffed tomatoes for the last farm party and it went down very well! Last time I have done this recipe, I tried also stuffing courgettes and it was yummy”, Nadia
- One goat cheese (roughly 125g). Note: I have added some feta cheese too.
- 250g smoked bacon/pancetta, in small pieces.
- 60g button mushrooms, cut in small pieces.
- Herbs de Provence.
- Salt & Pepper.
- Cook the bacon with mushrooms in a pan.
- Prepare the tomatoes: cut the top and empty the tomatoes. Put some salt and pepper inside and put them inside down for 15 minutes.
- Cut the cheese in small pieces and mix with the cooked mushrooms and bacon.
- Fill the tomatoes with the above mixture. Add the herbs on top, then put the top of the tomatoes.
- Cook in oven (210C) for approximately 35 minutes.