Uchiki Kuri Squash Soup & A Roasted Wedge
- 1 medium-sized Uchiki Kuri squash
- 20g butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 sage leaves
- 400ml water
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- Peel and quarter the squash.
- Remove seeds and put them and one-quarter of the squash aside for use later.
- Dice the remaining flesh.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, put in the squash and cook slowly, without colouring, until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, add sage and water, and bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Liquidise and keep hot.
- Cut the retained squash quarters into four even-sized wedges.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook each wedge on all sides, then remove from the pan.
- Throw in the retained squash seeds and cook until soft.
- Serve the wedges alongside the soup, and sprinkle the seeds over the soup.