Warm Rainbow Salad
2 tbsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp honey
Vegetables for roasting, e.g. carrots, beetroot, sweet potato, courgette, mushrooms, peppers
250g grains, e.g. bulgur wheat, cous cous, quinoa or Merchant Gourmet Persian Grains
100g Feta cheese
60g pumpkin seeds
Small handful of coriander
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C (fan) / gas 7.
2. Cut your vegetables into 1cm chunks. Put all the vegetables in a large bowl and then add in the honey, olive oil and cumin seeds. Mix well before pouring out onto a baking sheet large enough so that the vegetables don’t sit on top of each other.
3. Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes until just tender.
4. Meanwhile, heat a pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the pumpkin seeds to the dry pan and toast for 3 minutes or until slightly darkened and starting to pop. Set the toasted pumpkin seeds aside.
5. Crumble the feta into a bowl and chop the coriander and set aside.
6. When the vegetables are nearly ready, cook the Merchant Gourmet Persian Grains according to the packet instructions. As an alternative, you could cook some bulgur wheat, cous cous or quinoa.
7. Pour your grains into a large bowl. Top with your roasted vegetables, feta, toasted seeds and coriander.